Solar topped power tenders in Q4 2020
Power industry tenders activity in Q4 2020 saw 2,157 tenders announced, marking a drop of 17% over the last four-quarter average of 2,605, according to GlobalData’s power database.
On comparing tenders activity in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position with 974 tenders and a share of 45.2% during Q4 2020, followed by North America with 626 tenders and a 29% share and Europe with 290 tenders and a 13.4% share, it said.
In fourth place was Middle East and Africa with 207 tenders and a 9.6% share and in fifth place was South and Central America with 60 tenders and a 2.8% share.
On the basis of the last four-quarter average, Asia-Pacific held a lead over others with 1,491 tenders, followed by North America with 579.
Solar tops by technology in Q4 2020
Looking at tenders by the type of technology, solar accounted for the largest proportion with 414 tenders and a 44.2% share, followed by thermal with 394 tenders and a 42.1% share and hydro with 52 tenders and a 5.6% share.
Looking at power industry tenders divided by segment as tracked by GlobalData, T&D Equipment was the most popular segment in global power tenders activity during Q4 2020, with 825 tenders, followed by Generation Equipment (421) and T&D Project (410).
The proportion of tenders by category tracked by GlobalData in the quarter was as follows:
• Supply & Erection: 1,084 tenders and a 50.3% share
• Project Implementation: 599 tenders and a 27.8% share
• Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: 360 tenders and a 16.7% share
• Consulting & Similar Services: 75 tenders and a 3.5% share
• Electricity Supply: 18 tenders and a 0.8% share
• Power Purchase Agreement: 13 tenders and a 0.6% share
• Others: eight tenders and a 0.4% share.
The top issuers of tenders for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved were:
• Andhra Pradesh Green Energy (India): 8,500MW from one tender
• Ministry for the Ecological Transition and Demographic Challenge (Spain): 6,100MW from two tenders
• Ministerio de Minas y Energia (Colombia): 5,000MW capacity from one tender. - TradeArabia News Service