Endress+Hauser has successfully installed over 100,000 t-mass flowmeters worldwide. The proven and robust state-of-the-art measuring technology allows customers to record all kinds of gas flows, whether compressed air, natural gas, protective gas or oxygen.
The t-mass F/I 300/500’s ingenious sensor design and one-of-a-kind monitoring functions allow gas flows to be measured in all industries with unmatched accuracy even when process conditions fluctuate significantly.
In numerous industries, thermal flow measuring technology has long been used for measuring pure gases and gas mixtures, such as in research and development laboratories, HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning), for measuring flare stack and flue gases, in utilities with compressed air, oxygen, nitrogen or argon, for monitoring consumption of natural gas in gas-fired boilers, or for monitoring carbon dioxide in the food and beverage industry.
As a result, when combined with the comprehensive functionality of the Proline 300/500 transmitters, it opens up new possibilities for process control, quantity measurement, leak detection, cost allocation and energy management.
Even when process and ambient conditions are fluctuating significantly, t-mass ensures high measuring accuracy (±1.0 per cent) with excellent repeatability (±0.25 per cent). Gas flows with low pressure and a low flow velocity can also be measured without any problems thanks to the high turndown (1000:1).
• Industry-optimised: The robust industrial design of the t-mass allows it to operate long-term without maintenance, thus saving time and money. The flowmeters are used at process temperatures up to 180 deg C and pressures up to 580 psi. All wetted parts of the t-mass are made of corrosion-resistant steel and comply with the stringent requirements of NACE MR0175/MR0103.
• Highest flexibility: The t-mass 300/500 is equipped as standard with a ‘gas engine’, a software model that enables exact measurement of pure gases and gas mixtures by selecting from up to 22 standard gases as well as creating gas mixtures by combining up to 8 of these gases.
• Greater process reliability: In the t-mass 300/500 measuring system, any device or process errors are clearly categorised in accordance with NAMUR NE107 and immediately indicated. This makes it possible to take fast and targeted countermeasures. In addition, its one-of-a-kind alarm functions immediately detect unwanted condensate drops on the sensor or pulsating flow.
• Heartbeat Technology: This function enables permanent self-diagnostics with the highest diagnostic coverage (over 95 per cent) as well as a metrologically traceable device verification without process interruption. In addition, a ‘Heartbeat Sensor Integrity’ test function detects changes to the measuring electronics and/or sensor as a result of extreme environmental and process conditions.
• Data access: Proline 300/500 transmitters include a web server as standard, allowing users direct access to all diagnostic, configuration and device data without additional software or hardware using a standard Ethernet cable and a laptop (or wireless via WLAN).
• HistoROM: The data storage concept (HistoROM) ensures maximum data security before, during and after service. All calibration data and device parameters are stored securely on the HistoROM data storage module and are automatically reloaded after maintenance work. Therefore, installing spare parts is easy, saves time and thus reduces unnecessary downtimes.
• Seamless integration: The t-mass F/I sensors can be combined with two different transmitters: as a compact version (Proline 300), or as remote version (Proline 500) with up to four inputs and outputs. Complete access to all measurement data, including diagnostic data acquired by Heartbeat Technology, is possible at any time – thanks to digital data transmission via HART or Modbus RS485 as well as via WLAN or via the freely combinable inputs and outputs.