The African Energy Chamber (AEC) has announced over two dozen young women, who have emerged as trailblazers in the energy sector.
"These women are redefining the possibilities within a traditionally male-dominated field, and the AEC is celebrating these rising stars to be leading the way towards making energy poverty history by 2030," the AEC said in a statement.
The ‘25 Under 40 Energy Women Rising Stars’ include:
• Gbemisola Adeyemi Afolabi, Junior Geoscientist at Nigeria’s AMNI International.
• Ibilola Akinnola, LNG Shipbroker at Maersk in Nigeria.
• Rekik Bekele, CEO and Founder, Green Scene Energy in Ethiopia.
• Sarah Bouzid, Technical Sales Lead - Production Systems Division at Schlumberger in Algeria.
• Sandra Chukwudozie, Founder and CEO of Salpha Energy in Nigeria.
• Nadia Simao da Costa, HR People Analytics Supervisor at Chevron in Angola.
• Eghosa Ebube, Portfolio Analyst, Chevron Nigeria.
• Katuiscia Laurence Ewane, General Field Engineer, SLB in Cameroon.
• Taimi Itembu, Public and Government Affairs, ExxonMobil in Namibia.
• Anine Kilian, Managing Editor, Energy Capital & Power in South Africa.
• Ubuhle Noluti Mtetwa, National Manager, Secondary Logistics, bp South Africa.
• Faith Musimenta, Senior Petroleum Economic and Financial Analyst, Petroleum Authority of Uganda.
• Nancy Asantewah Nkansah, Resource Manager - Planning and Supply Chain for West Africa, SLB in Ghana.
• Ezinne Nnachetta, Development Geologist, Chevron in Nigeria.
• Teresa Isabel Nnang Avomo, CEO, GEPetrol in Equatorial Guinea.
• Monique Ntumngia, CEO, Green Girls Project in Cameroon.
• Lynette Nyagah, Project Lead, Bentworth Energy in Kenya.
• Oneyka Cindy Ojogbo, Partner, Centurion Law Group in South Africa.
• Isioma Okolo, Reservoir Engineer, Shell in Nigeria.
• Uzochukwu Ozoh, Legal Advisor, Chevron in Nigeria.
• Lecticia Sepulvede, Public and Government Affairs Advisor, ExxonMobil in Mozambique.
• Eman S Shahin, Performance Lead and Senior Petroleum Engineer, Dragon Oil Egypt.
• Mwanyengwa Ndapewoshali Shapwanale, Director Communications and Stakeholders Relations, ReconEnergy Namibia.
• Natznet Tesfay, Vice-President Economics & Country Risk, S&P Global.
• Nidra Araba Yebuah, Digital and Integration Account Manager for Ghana and Equatorial Guinea, SLB in Ghana.