Opec+ is likely to leave oil output levels for the first quarter of 2026 unchanged at its meetings today (November 30), three delegates from the group said, moderating a push to regain market share amid fears of a looming supply glut.
The meeting of Opec+, which
pumps half of the world's oil, comes as oil prices are also under pressure from
the prospect of a Russia-Ukraine peace deal, reported Reuters.
The eight Opec+
countries are likely to keep their policy to pause oil output hikes in the
first quarter of 2026 unchanged, the three delegates said, following similar
comments from others this week.
They agreed the pause
at their last meeting earlier in November.
Opec+, which groups
the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and allies led by Russia,
pumps about half the world's oil and has been discussing for years production
capacity figures against which members' output targets are set.
In a separate meeting
on Sunday, the full Opec+ group is expected to agree on a mechanism to assess
members' maximum production capacity, sources told Reuters.
Opec said in May this capacity assessment
would be used as a reference for 2027 output baselines.
A series of online
meetings is scheduled to begin on Sunday.
Opec+ ministers are
also expected to not make any changes to group-wide production targets for
2026, other sources said this week.
Opec+ had been
curtailing supplies for years until April when the eight members began to raise
production to recover market share.
The cuts had peaked in March, amounting to
5.85 million barrels per day, almost 6 per cent of world output, in total.
The eight - Saudi
Arabia, Russia, UAE, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Iraq, Algeria and Oman - have raised
output targets by around 2.9 million bpd from April to December.

